Pharos Navigator® or PharosN platform introduces the next generation of AI-, Big Data, Blockchain driven digital transformation IoT technology assisting in smart management and governance, transparent monitoring, analytics and control of complex Big Systems of Systems such as enterprises, public bodies and complex technical applications.
The key elements of this new technology platform are as follows:
1. Introducing tailor-made AI Virtual Digital Twins of the Big System of System as a digital transformation engines. Each such twin represents the application model the relevant big cyber-bio-physical system that exists in physical and virtual worlds. Being linked to large number of various data sources and systems in both worlds, the twin automatically collects big data about its all ongoing processes and calculates all necessary custom key performance indicators related to the target Big System structure and identifies its objects sustainability statuses in real time including the status of the whole Big System.
It continuously monitors all system objects, analyses it processes and provides management, operators and other stakeholders with holistic answer to “How are you doing?” in any necessary detail regarding Operational status, Business, Building, Campus, District, City, Region, Country, etc. The answers are calculated based on evidence data received and its predictions using machine learning and big data science methods and provided with in-depth cause analytics.
2. High level tools for interactive rapid development of the custom Virtual Twin models. The tools allow rapid creation and continuous upgrade and enhancement of the virtual twin models of the target big system without programming. These models are open to change and modification by authorised developers, operators and/or management.
3. Flexibility and adaptability of custom applications to meet the requirements of changeability that are increasingly vital in intelligent system operations (change of personnel, infrastructure, equipment, technologies, requirements, standards, legislation, etc). The PharosN architecture was designed to accommodate ongoing change with minimum efforts and costs as one of the principal requirements.
4. Incorporating artificial intelligence into analysis and control of the system sustainability by applying relevant machine learning methods realised in the most developed and stable open source ML libraries and enabled by latest range powerful hardware accelerators.
5. Trustful interoperability by linking the digital twins to diverse digital data sources including mobiles, IoT, smart meters, automated systems, social networks and smart user devices to receive the data in real time. The PharosN platform uses distributed ledger technology to exchange data with other platforms in a trustful way including those running different types of blockchains and off-chain world.
6. Sustainability of decentralised application to govern projects, platforms and the core technology in such a way that they remain viable over the long term and Scalability to handle large volumes of transactions at high speeds.
The novel technology by our company gradually enters various application areas as follows:
Smart Urbana project: Smart City Monitor application was implemented in several middle-size cites in Greece, Moldova, Portugal, Romania and Spain supporting 3 key urban use cases:
1. Assisting municipalities compliance with ISO 37120 standard and relevant certification,
2. Real time air quality monitoring and analysis in cities using mobile IoT installed in public busses
3. Monitoring of daily waste collection in urban areas.
Smart Pedestrian Nets project: the Smart City Monitor supports new mobile apps for citizens and tourists providing them with real time information about the city points of interest, locations, routing, ongoing processes and events (e.g. various incidents/accidents, gas leaks, etc). The Smart City Monitor accumulates daily key statistical data evaluating walking / biking quality in a city by its citizens, visitors and tourists, and presents this valuable information for the municipality administrations and utility service providers in dashboards and interactive reports.
Smart City Jelgava (Latvia) applied Smart City Monitor to support several complex urban management tasks including automatic data collection of environmental, energy efficiency in public buildings including schools, kindergartens, etc as well as mobility data. The technology allows for full transparency of city energy efficiency, costs and quality of services at each levels of the city management: building, school, group of buildings, districts and municipality as a whole. Additional applications will include assessment of quality of environment in school and child care premises, it attendance, costs audit, automatic awareness and many others. The results can be available for administrations, parents and other citizens providing necessary public transparency of quality of life and daily urban processes.
Remote health monitoring: In another ongoing pilot application in Western Europe, the Smart City Monitor helps to collect anonymous data about activities and health status of large number of people living at home alone. It intelligently calculates their ongoing status of well-being in real time to assist caregivers and relatives in monitoring and providing prompt alarms and awareness. Our company actively develops this busniess line further.
Welding tubes manufacturing plant: In the implementation of the complex Virtual Twin pilot representing and automating the operations of the whole tubes manufacturing plant, the company technology proved it enabling potential to support automatic sustainable operation of the Industry 4.0 type application.
The front ends are realised as web and mobile apps clients presenting monitoring and analytics and controls in interactive dashboards, reports, widgets, maps and optional AR/VR and voice communciations.
The custom applications run as set of distributed interlinked cooperative intelligent twin engines in cloud and in fog edge devices such as microdatacenters and singleboard microcomputers using common connectivity networks BLE Mesh, WiFi, Lorawan, 4/5G, etc.
The PharosN IoT platform have unique powerful capacity to realise solutions for various target areas including Ambient Assisted Living, eHealth monitoring, mobility, urban services and utilities such as energy, water, waste, transportation, manufacturing enterprises, organizations, shopping centres, smart homes-buildings-campuses, hospitals, environmental monitoring systems, various quality and safety compliances monitoring and alarms. It has strong practical potential to support education and training for smart sustainable management and operations in new digital society.
Further details: http://pharosnavigator.com